The Mediterranean style originated in the Mediterranean Sea countries like Greece, Italy, and Spain. The type of furniture used in the Mediterranean style ranges from functional to formal. Walls are mainly textured. Below is how the technique breaks down
Mediterranean colors are colors of the sea and the sky. They can also include lavender and yellow.
Mosaic tile designs personify the beauty of a Mediterranean interior design. Bring a design into your home that you can take with you in case you need to move. You can also mimic the look of tile with a stenciled mosaic border on walls and furniture.
Polished bronze urns exemplify a Mediterranean look with a Moroccan influence.
Add a layer of paint onto a plaster or walls made of sand texture to add visual depth.
In summary, you can achieve a Mediterranean style of décor in your home by doing the following:
- Invest in a big dining table for meals for about 5-7 people
- Choose kitchen sets made of wood with ceramic fittings, glass finishing, and metal fittings.
- For the chairs, you can decide to go with wood with metal frames. Cover the chairs with cotton or linen fabric to have an appealing final look.
- The Mediterranean look can be achieved in a lot of different ways. For countertops, ceramic tiles will come in handy.
- A bronze ceramic sink will perfectly balance the kitchen interior.
- The Mediterranean-style kitchen allows for a concise cabinet model which has open shelves with beautiful accessories.